Florida Roof Cleaning Network

Florida Roof Cleaning Forum.
 
Log inHomePortalGalleryRegister

Share | 
 

 Roof Cleaning...........sky lights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charliespw



Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Roof Cleaning...........sky lights   Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:17 am

I recently gave an estimate on a home that had black algae streaks. I noticed that the black streaks " ran " down the roof. and also under the skylight. This was unusual for me,because the streaks always went around the sides of the skylights caused by rain flow,leaving the underneath part of the skylight roof clean. I soft washed the roof,picking up the house next door that was the exact same style with the skylight in the same position and the same streak pattern. After both jobs had been completed, both homes still had the streaks under these skylights. I determined that it had somthing to do with the skylights.........the customers were " ok " with it after seeing it on both homes..........any ideas? Thanks Pat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 393
Age : 62
Location : Tampa Florida Area
Job/hobbies :
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Roof Cleaning...........sky lights   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:10 am

Charliespw wrote:
I recently gave an estimate on a home that had black algae streaks. I noticed that the black streaks " ran " down the roof. and also under the skylight. This was unusual for me,because the streaks always went around the sides of the skylights caused by rain flow,leaving the underneath part of the skylight roof clean. I soft washed the roof,picking up the house next door that was the exact same style with the skylight in the same position and the same streak pattern. After both jobs had been completed, both homes still had the streaks under these skylights. I determined that it had somthing to do with the skylights.........the customers were " ok " with it after seeing it on both homes..........any ideas? Thanks Pat
LOL, and laughing WITH you !!!
It is from the GLUE or sealer used on the Skylights.
I simply tell customers I will GLADLY use High Pressure to remove it, and part of the roof with it, IF they like ?
For SOME reason, they decline.
What a Face

_________________
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon FL 33511
813 655 8777
http://www.saferoofcleaning.com
http://roofcleaninginstitute.org
http://www.roof-cleaning-tampa.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.saferoofcleaning.com
Charliespw



Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Roof Cleaning...........sky lights   Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:32 pm

Once again Chris thanks for the information. the next time I see it I will know what I am talking about. Thanks Pat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 393
Age : 62
Location : Tampa Florida Area
Job/hobbies :
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Roof Cleaning...........sky lights   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Charliespw wrote:
Once again Chris thanks for the information. the next time I see it I will know what I am talking about. Thanks Pat
Any time man, you know where to find me Smile

_________________
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon FL 33511
813 655 8777
http://www.saferoofcleaning.com
http://roofcleaninginstitute.org
http://www.roof-cleaning-tampa.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.saferoofcleaning.com
Spencer

avatar

Number of posts : 152
Age : 42
Location : Tampa, FL
Job/hobbies : Pressure Washing, Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning, Maid/Janitorial Service
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Roof Cleaning...........sky lights   Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:24 am

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa wrote:
Charliespw wrote:
I recently gave an estimate on a home that had black algae streaks. I noticed that the black streaks " ran " down the roof. and also under the skylight. This was unusual for me,because the streaks always went around the sides of the skylights caused by rain flow,leaving the underneath part of the skylight roof clean. I soft washed the roof,picking up the house next door that was the exact same style with the skylight in the same position and the same streak pattern. After both jobs had been completed, both homes still had the streaks under these skylights. I determined that it had somthing to do with the skylights.........the customers were " ok " with it after seeing it on both homes..........any ideas? Thanks Pat
LOL, and laughing WITH you !!!
It is from the GLUE or sealer used on the Skylights.
I simply tell customers I will GLADLY use High Pressure to remove it, and part of the roof with it, IF they like ?
For SOME reason, they decline.
What a Face

You know Chris, your a pretty fart smeller. I mean smart feller!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mtocleantampa.com
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 393
Age : 62
Location : Tampa Florida Area
Job/hobbies :
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Roof Cleaning...........sky lights   Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:49 am

Spencer wrote:
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa wrote:
Charliespw wrote:
I recently gave an estimate on a home that had black algae streaks. I noticed that the black streaks " ran " down the roof. and also under the skylight. This was unusual for me,because the streaks always went around the sides of the skylights caused by rain flow,leaving the underneath part of the skylight roof clean. I soft washed the roof,picking up the house next door that was the exact same style with the skylight in the same position and the same streak pattern. After both jobs had been completed, both homes still had the streaks under these skylights. I determined that it had somthing to do with the skylights.........the customers were " ok " with it after seeing it on both homes..........any ideas? Thanks Pat
LOL, and laughing WITH you !!!
It is from the GLUE or sealer used on the Skylights.
I simply tell customers I will GLADLY use High Pressure to remove it, and part of the roof with it, IF they like ?
For SOME reason, they decline.
What a Face

You know Chris, your a pretty fart smeller. I mean smart feller!!! lol!
Not smart at all, just have a LOT of experinces doing one thing, besides watching purn. lol!

_________________
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon FL 33511
813 655 8777
http://www.saferoofcleaning.com
http://roofcleaninginstitute.org
http://www.roof-cleaning-tampa.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.saferoofcleaning.com
Spencer

avatar

Number of posts : 152
Age : 42
Location : Tampa, FL
Job/hobbies : Pressure Washing, Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning, Maid/Janitorial Service
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Roof Cleaning...........sky lights   Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:50 pm

Well, I appreciate all the help!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mtocleantampa.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Roof Cleaning...........sky lights   

Back to top Go down
 
Roof Cleaning...........sky lights
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Solar powered solutions for high electricity bills
» Laugfs Gas lights up record results, declares dividends for third consecutive year
» Whiff of Maithri win will see bourse go through roof !
» IS THIS THE YAHAPALANAYA PEOPLE VOTED FOR????
» Laugfs Group lights up two mega ventures

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Florida Roof Cleaning Network :: Roof Cleaning And Non Pressure Roof Cleaning-
Jump to: